* GST included with prices.
In 2021 we have extended our race day events over two days:
- 5k event will be hosted Saturday, October 16
- 10k and Half Marathon will be hosted Sunday, October 17
We are excited to host you in 2021. Please remember that participants must follow the event guidelines created to ensure this run can happen safely. Guidelines can/may include:
- wearing face masks in certain areas of the event site
- no bib selling or trading
- no event downgrading
- in person pick up of your bib with ID
- health check questionnaire at kit pick up
- assignment to a start time slot that connects to your ability to access event site
- limited water stations on course
- limited or no bag check/ dry clothes area
- no massage or physiotherapy
- no spectators allowed on the event site
- respectfully following requests made by volunteers to ensure the event meets guidelines
In 2021, WFPS Run cannot accommodate any bib selling/trading or downgrading of event once registered.
We apologize for this inconvenience, however, to meet the provincial heath guidelines regarding contact tracing and host a COVID careful event we cannot offer this in 2021.
“Worry Free” Registration 2021
In continuing response to the current uncertainty surrounding the staging of large community events because of the ongoing pandemic, WFPS Run is continuing its “WORRY FREE” REGISTRATION policy for the 2021 WFPS Run registration.
The below policy will take effect from April 1 – August 31, 2021:
- If the 2021 WFPS RUN is unable to be conducted in any form related to the COVID -19 public-health crisis, all registrants will have the option to select:
- an automatic deferral to a 2021 virtual event
- or a deferral of fees towards a 2022 event
- or a full refund*
- Upon official cancellation of the event, the current “no refunds” policy will be paused for 30 days and all registered participants have 30 days to email their preferred option.
- *If registrant choses a full refund it will include: your registration fee and GST. It will NOT include: any ACTIVE Network processing fees OR a donation made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation with registration.
- For participants paying with cheque. Your registration will be processed when we receive your cheque and info form. Your cheque will NOT be cashed until the event is deemed to continue. If the event is cancelled your cheque will be returned and your registration cancelled, if the event continues, we will process your cheque immediately.
- 30 days after the announcement of a 2021 cancellation no further refunds will be given and no transfers onto a virtual event. All remaining registrations will be transferred into the 2022 WFPS RUN automatically
- After August 31, 2021, regardless of if the 2021 WFPS RUN is conducted or cancelled, no refunds will be offered and the existing WFPS Run no refund policy remains in place.
**this offer is still extended to any person who registered and paid for the 2020 WFPS Run during our post-2019 event cancellation three-day promotion in October 2019***